Friends Tanya and Tina with Coach Mary after completing Ironman Coeur d’Alene on June 24.
Brief CDA course summary:
- Swim start is quite congested and water cold. 2 loops with a brief beach run between laps
- Most people wear a neoprene cap or double cap. Booties are legal if water temp is <64F
- T1 has a warming tent
- Bike course is 2 loops of 2 out and backs which makes for lots of supporter viewing
- Out and back segment 1 is fast and relatively flat
- Out and back segment 2 is mostly uphill to the turnaround and a fast downhill back into town
- Aid stations on the bike course are about every 10 miles
- Run course is 2 out and back loops with 1 significant hill near the turnaround
- Aid stations on the run course are about every mile
- Amazing volunteers from start to finish
- Great time of year to race if you don’t want to train all summer long
Comments? Leave a reply!