As a coach, my role is to provide safe, interesting workouts while being actively engaged in an athlete's progress towards their specific goals. In order to be successful in this, communication between athlete and coach is essential. I believe a coach must know a bit about their athlete's personality and workout preferences before they can write a program for that athlete. At the first meeting with an athlete, topics such as accountability, communication, workout habits and schedule are discussed.
Once the program has been laid out, it is the responsibility of the athlete to do the best they can to follow the prescribed plan and to provide honest, regular, feedback. The program is not static but based on continual dialogue between coach and athlete, often times being amended to fit different goals and/or changing life situations.
Customized training plans include:
- Workouts delivered weekly in a single sport or in all 3 disciplines via ‘workoutlog’, an online program that contains a calendar of planned workouts and an athlete training log
- Personal login access to your customized training plan loaded into the LYNX Triathlon workoutlog site
- Safe progression of training load which also incorporates rest and recovery to maximize training effect
- Workouts with varied focuses to keep the athlete engaged and motivated
- Unlimited email contact with your LYNX Triathlon Coach
- 1 hour initial consultation and set up meeting $80 + GST
- Personalized training plans start at $175/month + GST for a single sport and $240/month + GST for triathlon
- Initial commitment of 3 months.
- All athletes participating in the LYNX Triathlon training program are required to show proof of a valid Alberta Triathlon Association (ATA) membership. If you need to purchase an annual membership, go to http://www.triathlon.ab.ca. Under “Registration” you will find “ATA membership”. Choose LYNX Triathlon as affiliated club.
One on One Sessions
One on one sessions are available at an additional fee.
Book 1-on-1 session with a LYNX Triathlon Coach:
- Review biking or running technique and form
- Create a race plan and review race day nutrition
- Shop for a bike or triathlon specific gear (i.e. wetsuit, race day apparel)
- Discuss and / or review anything triathlon related (transition, changing a flat tire etc.)
- 1 on 1 fee is $80/hr + GST Included
- Private swim sessions (pool or open water) are $100/hr GST Included
- Group rates available, please inquire
- Additional fees may apply (i.e. travel outside of Calgary, facility admission fees etc.)
- All athletes participating in any LYNX Triathlon training events are required to show proof of a valid Alberta Triathlon Association (ATA) membership. If you need to purchase an annual membership, go to http://www.triathlon.ab.ca. Under “Registration” you will find “ATA membership”. Choose LYNX Triathlon as affiliated club.