Why Group Training? Accountability!
Most of us are much more likely to show up to a training session when we know we have friends relying on our company. We become accountable to our training community which is a powerful motivator. On our own, it’s very easy to make excuses and talk ourselves out of challenging workouts.
Fall 2017 Group Training Options
- Mondays SAIT 7:30 – 8:30pm (60 min swim) Pure Technique Session
- Tuesdays MRU 8:00 – 9:00pm (60 min swim) CSS Development / Aerobic Endurance
- Thursdays MRU 7:00 – 8:00pm (60 min swim) CSS Development / Aerobic Endurance
- Fridays MRU 6:00 – 7:00pm (60 min swim) Technique / Endurance
- Fridays MRU 6:00 – 7:30pm Red Mist (90 min swim)
See Swim Smooth Calgary for class descriptions. Swim sessions run September 14th – December 5. (The MRU pool will be closed for maintenance from Dec. 6 – Jan. 7, 2018)
- Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:00pm (60 min ride) Please arrive at 6:45pm *FULL*
- Mondays 6:00 – 7:00am (60 min ride) *NEW*
- Sessions are held in The Revolution Studio in the Jewish Community Centre
These power based classes are all created by Trev Williams of The Doctrine and led by Trev Williams and Laura Connolly in The Revolution Studio inside the JCC. These classes provide a great opportunity to work on your cycling in an environment that is more educational, fun and social than your basement! The fall session will run from October 11 – December 20 and will include some fitness testing to establish your functional threshold power (FTP). You are required to bring your bike. Computrainers are provided.
- Thursdays 8:30-9:30pm (60 min run)
This group meets on the indoor MRU track. Emphasis is on interval speed work but everyone runs at their own pace so these workouts truly are all ability. There is a solid 15 minute warm-up, 30-45 minute main-set and 5-10 minute cool down with some optional functional strength and core work. The coach will provide pace feedback and motivation as you get in your speed work for the week in a social environment. The track group will run from September 14 – December 21. This workout can stand alone or be combined with the 7:00-8:00pm swim to form a 2 hour swim/run brick.
2017 Fall Pricing: (all prices include GST)
- One 60 min group swim per week: $225
- One 90 min group swim per week: $285
- Wednesday Computrainer Class: $385 Class is FULL
- Thursday Track Group: $250
- 2 hour Thursday Swim / Track Brick: $350
- Note: weekly 60 min swim is the same night each week
- Drop In pack for 60 min swims: 5 for $105 (Expiry Dec. 31, 2017)
- Great option to try out additional swim classes!
- One 60 min swim weekly (same night each week) + computrainer class $200 per month paid on Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or $570 for the term paid in full on or before Sept. 1
- Three swims per week (same nights each week but can be 60 or 90 min) $215 per month paid on Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or $615 for the term paid in full on or before Sept. 1
- 90 min swim per week + computrainer class $225 per month paid on Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or $640 for the term paid in full on or before Sept. 1
- Two group swims weekly (same nights each week) + computrainer class $275 per month paid on Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or $785 for the term paid in full on or before Sept. 1
- One 60 min swim weekly (same night each week) + computrainer class + track $245 per month paid on Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or $695 for the term paid in full on or before Sept. 1
- Thursday 2 hour swim / track brick + one 60 min swim weekly (same night each week) + computrainer class $320 per month paid on Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or $910 for the term paid in full on or before Sept. 1
Note: Athletes on a coached custom training plan receive a 10% discount on group training session bundles.
For more information or to register for any of the services listed above please contact us
- Group pool swims, 60, 90 minutes
- Computrainer classes, 60-120 minutes
- Track sessions, 60 minutes
- Swim/Run bricks, 120 minutes
- Group pool swims, 60-90 minutes
- Group open water swims, 60-90 minutes
- Athlete led outdoor rides and runs
- Camps and clinics
- Open water swimming, 60-90 minutes
- Outdoor group rides, 1-4 hours
- Outdoor bike/run bricks, 1.5 - 6 hours
SWIM. BIKE. RUN. CONNECT.