Why Group Training? Accountability!
Most of us are much more likely to show up to a training session when we know we have friends relying on our company. We become accountable to our training community which is a powerful motivator. On our own, it’s very easy to make excuses and talk ourselves out of challenging workouts.
Fall 2018 Group Training Options
- Mondays SAIT 7:30 – 8:30 pm (60 min swim) Pure Technique Session
- Tuesdays SAIT 6:00 – 7:00 am (60 min swim) CSS Development/Technique Endurance
- Tuesdays MRU 8:00 – 9:00 pm (60 min swim) CSS Development / Technique Endurance
- Thursdays SAIT 6:00 – 7:00 am (60 min swim) CSS Development / Technique Endurance
- Thursdays MRU 7:00 – 8:00 pm (60 min swim) CSS Development / Technique Endurance
- Thursdays MRU 8:00 – 9:00 pm (60 min swim) CSS Development /Technique Endurance
- Fridays MRU 6:00 – 7:00 pm (60 min swim) Technique Endurance
- Fridays MRU 7:00 – 8:00 pm (60 min swim) Technique Endurance
- Fridays MRU 6:00 – 7:30 pm (90 min swim) Red Mist
See Swim Smooth Calgary for class descriptions.
All pm swim sessions run September 10 – Dec 21
All am swim sessions run October 2 – Dec 20
- Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:00 pm (60 min ride) Please arrive at 6:45 pm
- Mondays 6:00 – 7:00 am (60 min ride)
- Sessions are held in The Revolution Studio in the Jewish Community Centre
These power based classes are all created by Trev Williams of The Doctrine and led by Trev Williams and Laura Connolly in The Revolution Studio inside the JCC. These classes provide a great opportunity to work on your cycling in an environment that is more educational, fun and social than your basement! The fall session will run from October 10 – December 19, 2018, and will include some fitness testing to establish your functional threshold power (FTP). You are required to bring your bike. Computrainers are provided.
- Thursdays 8:30-9:30 pm (60 min run)
This group meets on the indoor MRU track. Emphasis is on interval speed work but everyone runs at their own pace so these workouts truly are all ability. There is a solid 15-minute warm-up, 30-45 minute main-set and 5-10 minute cool down. The coach will provide pace feedback and motivation as you get in your speed work for the week in a social environment. The fall track group will run from September 13 – December 20, 2018. This workout can stand alone or be combined with the 7:00-8: 00 pm swim to form a 2-hour swim/run brick.
We are excited to announce that Amanda Regnier will be running the LYNX MRU evening track sessions this fall! Amanda was a 4 year U of S Cross Country/ Track athlete and spent two seasons coaching the U of S Triathlon Club (track and swimming). She is also an NCCP Triathlon Coach and has a BSc in Kinesiology and MSc in Strength and Conditioning. We are looking forward to having Amanda on board this fall and getting fitter and faster on the track under her direction.
2018 Fall Pricing: (all prices include GST)
- One 60 min evening group swim per week (starts Sept 13) $285
- One 60 min morning group swim (starts Oct 2) $230
- One 90 min group swim per week: $395
- Monday Computrainer Class: $315
- Wednesday Computrainer Class: $380
- Thursday Track Group: $225
- 2 hour Thursday Swim / Track Brick: $395
- Note: weekly 60 min swim is the same day each week
- Drop-in pack of 5 for $105
- Drop-ins can be used for any 60-minute swim or track session
- Great option to try out additional swim classes!
For more information or to register for any of the services listed above please contact us
- Group pool swims, 60, 90 minutes
- Computrainer classes, 60-120 minutes
- Track sessions, 60 minutes
- Swim/Run bricks, 120 minutes
- Group pool swims, 60-90 minutes
- Group open water swims, 60-90 minutes
- Athlete led outdoor rides and runs
- Camps and clinics
- Open water swimming, 60-90 minutes
- Outdoor group rides, 1-4 hours
- Outdoor bike/run bricks, 1.5 - 6 hours
SWIM. BIKE. RUN. CONNECT.