Why Group Training? Accountability!
Most of us are much more likely to show up to a training session when we know we have friends relying on our company. We become accountable to our training community which is a powerful motivator. On our own, it’s very easy to make excuses and talk ourselves out of challenging workouts.
Winter 2018 Group Training Options
- Mondays SAIT 7:30 – 8:30pm (60 min swim) Pure Technique Session
- Tuesdays MRU 8:00 – 9:00pm (60 min swim) CSS Development / Aerobic Endurance
- Thursdays MRU 7:00 – 8:00pm (60 min swim) CSS Development / Aerobic Endurance
- Fridays MRU 6:00 – 7:00pm (60 min swim) Technique / Endurance
- Fridays MRU 7:00 – 8:00pm (60 min swim) Technique / Endurance
- Fridays MRU 6:00 – 7:30pm Red Mist (90 min swim)
See Swim Smooth Calgary for class descriptions. Swim sessions run January 8 – April 27.
**NEW** Spring (May-June) Pool Swims:
- Mondays MRU 8:00-9:00pm (60 min swim) May 14, 28
- Mondays MRU 7:00-8:00pm (60 min swim) June 4, 11, 18
- Swims will be CSS / Endurance based sessions
- Cost for the 5 sessions is $95 (inclusive of GST)
- Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:00pm (60 min ride) Please arrive at 6:45pm
- Mondays 6:00 – 7:00am (60 min ride)
- Sessions are held in The Revolution Studio in the Jewish Community Centre
These power based classes are all created by Trev Williams of The Doctrine and led by Trev Williams and Laura Connolly in The Revolution Studio inside the JCC. These classes provide a great opportunity to work on your cycling in an environment that is more educational, fun and social than your basement! The winter session will run from January 8- April 25 and will include some fitness testing to establish your functional threshold power (FTP). You are required to bring your bike. Computrainers are provided.
- Thursdays 8:30-9:30pm (60 min run)
This group meets on the indoor MRU track. Emphasis is on interval speed work but everyone runs at their own pace so these workouts truly are all ability. There is a solid 15 minute warm-up, 30-45 minute main-set and 5-10 minute cool down with some optional functional strength and core work. The coach will provide pace feedback and motivation as you get in your speed work for the week in a social environment. The track group will run from January 11 – April 26. This workout can stand alone or be combined with the 7:00-8:00pm swim to form a 2 hour swim/run brick.
2018 Winter Pricing: (all prices include GST)
- One 60 min group swim per week: $300
- One 90 min group swim per week: $400
- Wednesday Computrainer Class: $560
- Thursday Track Group: $250
- 2 hour Thursday Swim / Track Brick: $475
- Note: weekly 60 min swim is the same night each week
- Drop In pack for 60 min swims: 5 for $105 (Expiry April 27, 2018)
- Great option to try out additional swim classes!
- One 60 min swim weekly (same night each week) + computrainer class
- 4 monthly payments of $225 or $850 for the term paid in full on or before Jan. 1
- One 60 min swim weekly (same night each week) + computrainer class + track
- 4 monthly payments of $268 or $1025 for the term paid in full on or before Jan. 1
- Two 60 min swims weekly (same nights each week) + computrainer class
- 4 monthly payments of $295 or $1125 for the term paid in full on or before Jan. 1
- One 60 min, one 90 min swim weekly (same nights each week) + computrainer class
- 4 monthly payments of $320 or $1225 for the term paid in full on or before Jan. 1
- Thursday 2 hour swim/track brick + one 60 min swim weekly + computrainer class
- 4 monthly payments of $345 or $1325 for the term paid in full on or before Jan. 1
If choosing the monthly payment option, payments are due on or before Jan 1, Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 1
Note: Athletes on a coached custom training plan receive a 10% discount on group training session bundles.
For more information or to register for any of the services listed above please contact us
- Group pool swims, 60, 90 minutes
- Computrainer classes, 60-120 minutes
- Track sessions, 60 minutes
- Swim/Run bricks, 120 minutes
- Group pool swims, 60-90 minutes
- Group open water swims, 60-90 minutes
- Athlete led outdoor rides and runs
- Camps and clinics
- Open water swimming, 60-90 minutes
- Outdoor group rides, 1-4 hours
- Outdoor bike/run bricks, 1.5 - 6 hours
SWIM. BIKE. RUN. CONNECT.